Appearance: Sasha has tousled red hair and mischievous green eyes, and is missing the pinky finger of her left hand. She bears a tattoo between her shoulder blades— the symbol of the Red Mantis, a “gift” from her mother before Sasha’s personality made it apparent she could never belong. Slender and athletic, Sasha never stands still or stays quiet for long.
Personality: Sasha’s optimism and easy laugh border on the manic. Certainly she never stays angry or sad for long, no matter what the circumstances— a trait that tends to unnerve and frighten anyone who gets too close. Sasha had been rather lonely as a result until she met Anguis, but hid it well with a thirst for adventure and violence.
Female half-elven ranger 4 / rogue 1
CN Medium humanoid (half-elf)
Init + 8/9**; Senses Perception + 9/11*, low light vision
- + 2 perception in jungles
- + 1 init in jungles
AC 18, touch 14, flat-footed 14 ( + 4 armor, + 4 Dex)
hp 49 (4d10 + 1d8 + 6)
Fort + 6 (4 + 2 con) Ref + 10 (6 + 4 dex), Will + 0 (1 – 1 wis)
- immune to sleep, +2 racial bonus vs enchantment spells and effects
Speed 30 ft.
Melee mwk rapier + 9 (1d6 + 1/18–20) or
mwk rapier + 7 (1d6 + 1 / 18–20), kukri + 6 (1d4 / 18–20)
Special Attacks favored enemy (human + 2), sneak attack (1d6), piranha strike (-2 to hit, +4 damage primary weapon, +2 damage secondary)
During Combat Sasha fights with a manic smile on her face, giggling at the violence she creates. She prefers to attack with both blades at the same time, but against a foe that’s hard to hit, she switches to using her rapier one-handed.
If brought below 25% hit points, Sasha flees and seeks out a hiding place where she waits for combat to pass.
Str 12, Dex 18, Con 14, Int 10, Wis 8, Cha 13
Base Atk + 4; CMB + 5; CMD 19
Feats R Skill Focus (Stealth), L1 Weapon Finesse, Rng L2 Two-Weapon Fighting, L3 Rng Endurance, L3 Piranha Strike (-2 / + 4), L5 Improved Init
Skills (24 ranger, 8 rogue, 0 int, 5 favored class) 37
Acrobatics + 10 (5r, 3class, 4 dex -2 ACP)
Bluff + 9 (5r, 3 class, 1 cha)
Handle Animal + 9/13 (5r, 3 class, 1 cha) * + 4 with Flappy
Knowledge (geography) + 5/7 (2r, 3 class, 0 int) * + 2 in jungle
Linguistics + 5 (2r, 3 class, 0 int)
Perception + 9/11 (5r, 3 class, – 1 wis, 2 half-elf) * + 2 in jungle, + 1 for traps
Ride + 6 (1r, 3 class, 4 dex – 2 ACP)
Stealth + 13/15 (5r, 3 class, 4 dex, 3 skill focus -2 ACP) * + 2 in jungle
Survival + 7/9 (5r, 3 class, -1 wis) * + 2 in jungle
Swim + 4 (2r, 3 class, 1 str – 2 ACP)
Languages Common, Elven, Draconic, Polyglot
SQ track +2, wild empathy +5, elf blood, favored terrain (jungle), trapfinding +1
Gear chain shirt, kukri, masterwork rapier, 24 gp
Flappy the Dimorphodon
N Small animal
Init + 4; Senses low-light vision, scent; Perception + 5
AC 15, touch 14, flat-footed 11 (+ 4 Dex, + 1 natural)
hp 9 (2d8 + 0)
Fort + 3 (3 + 0) , Ref + 7 (3 + 4) , Will + 1 (0 + 1)
Speed 10 ft., fly 30 ft. (average)
Melee bite + 3 (1d4 + 0)
Str 10, Dex 19, Con 10, Int 2, Wis 13, Cha 12
Base Atk + 1; CMB + 0; CMD 14
Feats Flyby Attack
Fly + 8 (1r + 3 class + 4 dex)
Perception + 5 (1r + 3 class + 1 wis)
- Attack: The animal attacks apparent enemies. You may point to a particular creature that you wish the animal to attack, and it will comply if able. Normally, an animal will attack only humanoids, monstrous humanoids, giants, or other animals.
- Down: The animal breaks off from combat or otherwise backs down. An animal that doesn’t know this trick continues to fight until it must flee (due to injury, a fear effect, or the like) or its opponent is defeated.
- Come: The animal comes to you, even if it normally would not do so.
- Stay: The animal stays in place, waiting for you to return. It does not challenge other creatures that come by, though it still defends itself if it needs to.
- Track: The animal tracks the scent presented to it. (This requires the animal to have the scent ability.)
- Seek: The animal moves into an area and looks around for anything that is obviously alive or animate.
- Perform: The animal performs a variety of simple tricks, such as sitting up, rolling over, roaring or barking, and so on.